Sunday, September 30, 2012

Week in Review: September 24-30

Last week, in my last blog, I forgot to mention another reason why I feel led to major in Biblical and Theological Studies, in addition to the fact that God is infinite, so I can forever learn more about Him. I have a love for learning. However, whenever it comes time to review what I have learned for tests and quizzes, the task is not very enjoyable. I guess that means I like gathering new information, but not re-reading it. Yet, when it comes to anything having to do with the Bible, I enjoy reviewing the material. Also, in a way, the material can be new to me every time, even if I have read a passage of Scripture over and over again. This is because "the word of God is living and active" (Hebrews 4:12).

Last Sunday, I went on a walk on the trail that circles campus, and I talked to God as I walked. As I was talking with Him, suddenly God told me, "You know, Leah, your dad really knows how to love people. Just think of everything he does for people. You need to work on loving people as much as you love me." I just thought that it was really cool that God spoke to me like that. In fact, God amazes me whenever He speaks to me. I'll be praying out loud about an issue, and then all of a sudden, it will hit me. If you have ever experienced this, then you know what I mean.

Words I learned this week: contiguous, pro bono, shoehorn, redlining, faux pas, flaccid, aliquot, natter, histrionic, desultory, interdigitate  

"Give me one pure and holy passion, and give me one magnificent obsession. Give me one glorious ambition for my life: To know and follow hard after You."

"This world is empty, pale and poor, compared to knowing You, my Lord. Lead me on and I will run after You. Lead me on and I will run after You."

Please pray for me this week-- that God will work in my life and continue to transform me more into His image. I feel that He is at work in me, and I trust that one day it will be brought to completion (Philippians 1:6).

Also, feel free to share with me how God is working in your own life. You can share with me both the ups and the downs, because this life is definitely full of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment