Sunday, September 2, 2012

Back to school!

Hello all! I'm back at John Brown! I absolutely love being back, and I feel like this has become my home! On Sunday, August 19, my dad and I left Howell, MI at 4:00 a.m. We got to our hotel near Siloam Springs at about 5 p.m (6 p.m. Michigan time). It was a really long drive, but it was uneventful, which is good. Nothing horrible happened while we were on the road. Praise God for that! On Monday, August 20, we moved all of my stuff into my dorm room. I am in the same residence, Mayfield, as well as the same hall as last year, Up New, as well as in the same room, #76. Woot! Woot! There are a lot of new people on my hall, so it will be fun to get to know them this semester. On Tuesday, August 21, my dad and I drove around in Bentonville for a bit before taking him to the airport (XNA) to fly back home. After that, I drove back to JBU and finished unpacking a lot of my stuff. Classes started on Wednesday, August 22. Here is what my schedule looks like this semester: Monday/Wednesday: 9:00-9:50 General Chemistry I 10:00-10:50 Cell Biology 11:00-11:50 Introduction to Family Science 2:30-3:45 Christian Leadership and Service Tuesday: 8:30-10:20 Cell Biology: Lab 10:30-11:15 Chapel 12:50-2:40 General Chemistry I: Lab Thursday: 10:30-11:15 Chapel Friday: 9:00-9:50 General Chemistry I 10:00-10:50 Cell Biology I 11:00-11:50 Introduction to Family Science In addition to classes, I also have work-study at the Boys and Girls Club in the afternoons about three days a week. I am also being an Honors mentor. The activities for this have not started yet, but they will soon, and I'm so excited! I feel like I have already learned a lot in the first 1.5 weeks of classes. I can't wait to see what God has in store for the rest of the semester! Have a great week! I know that many of my Michigan friends are starting up school on Tuesday, so God blessing's to you in your academic studies! Always remind yourself why you're doing what you're doing (other than, "My parents are making me").

No comments:

Post a Comment