Sunday, February 5, 2012

Week in Review Jan. 30-Feb. 5

"Change my heart, oh God, make it ever true. Change my heart, oh God, may I be like you. You are the Potter; I am the clay. Mold me and make me-- this is what I pray."

I forgot to mention last week that I got my hair cut. This time, I didn't skip school to get it done, nor did I lead anyone astray by having them skip school too. :) In fact, the girl came to my dorm room to do it! Talk about awesome service!

I feel like I am waiting on God for three main things:
1. Whom my spouse will be
2. What I will major in
3. What I will be doing this summer
Of course, some of these are more urgent than others. For instance, I have plenty of time until I get married. :)

There are different spiritual seasons that people go through. Some people are in valleys of trouble and despair. Other people are at the mountain top, experiencing God with joy. Some might be in between. I feel like I'm at the mountain top, but then again, I feel like I'm sort of going downhill. Either way, embrace the spiritual season that you may be in because God uses all of them to cause you to grow closer to Him.

One blessing that I realized in my life this week: my best friend Janeen. She is the first person my age that I have ever really opened up to about spiritual things. Before, I think I may have been a bit elusive about the subject with people, and I felt awkward whenever I did talk about it. I'm glad that I am comfortable telling Janeen what God is doing in my life, and I think she would agree that it has been a mutually beneficial, growing friendship.


I hope that one day I might be able to sing joyfully to the Lord, "Lord, you are more precious than silver. Lord, you are more costly than gold. Lord, you are more beautiful than diamonds, and nothing I desire compares with you." This week, I've struggled with what it means to desire God in terms of action. I keep on saying to myself, "Okay, if I really desired God, then I wouldn't do this, or I would do that."

God continues to provide for my every need.

As with any other piece of writing, I urge my readers to understand that I am selective in what I write on here. For the most part, I like to write about positive things (since if you want to read about negative things, you can just read a newspaper). However, I still try to be genuine in what I write.

As ya'll begin a new week, I pray that the cry of everyone's hearts will be, "Jesus, draw me close; closer, Lord, to you. Let the world around me fade away. Jesus, draw me close; closer, Lord to you, for I desire to worship and obey."

Leah Jarvie

No comments:

Post a Comment