Sunday, November 11, 2012

Weeks in Review: October 29-November 11

Sorry that I did not write last week. The time change threw me off, and so I went to bed super early. Now I'm back to a pretty regular schedule though. The second to last week was good, but this last week was difficult for me. I was reminded that I'm not in control, even though I think I am. A hard lesson to swallow.

I have been re-reading Pilgrim's Progress by John Bunyan, and I have noticed a recurring pattern throughout the book. Whenever Christian meets someone along the road, he is always asked about his journey thus far, and others tell him of their stories as well. Why doesn't this happen in the Christian community? Why is this not the first thing that we ask people when we meet them? Why isn't it the question that we ask our friends when we see them? Why don't we ask, "What has the Lord been doing in your life since the last time we spoke together?" or "What is your story?"

The words of the Gospel should always be on our lips. Even if people we know have rejected the Truth before, it is important to keep on telling them. It may not be until the 47th time that they hear the Gospel that the Spirit has worked in their hearts enough to finally accept the Truth and repent of their sins.

One thing that I was thinking and laughing about this week was how people try to take God out of public schools. Yet, their attempt is futile. He is still actively at work in public schools. His Sovereignty has no limits.

Another thing that I thought about this week is God's deliverance. Certainly there are things that we see that He delivers us from. Then I thought about how there are probably many unseen things that God delivers us from. We may not know about these unseen things that God delivers us from, but we can still praise Him for it! An example might be God delaying us at the grocery store so that we don't get in a car wreck.

I think that Psalm 12:1 describes well the condition of the United States, "Help, Lord, for the godly are no more; the faithful have vanished from among men." This is seen especially with the re-election of a man who has disregard for God's laws concerning human life and marriage.

Words I learned this week:consanguineous, upshot, qua, anorectic, polemic, heteronomy, paean, concupiscence, gambit

Please pray for me this week as I have a lot to accomplish before Thanksgiving break. Pray that I might have diligence in the work that God has given me to do, and that I also might enjoy it.

"One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple." ~Psalm 27:4

No comments:

Post a Comment