Sunday, April 15, 2012

Week in Review April 9-15

Well, everyone, it looks like I will be coming home for the summer! I am excited and cannot wait to see everyone. I have two more weeks of classes, then four days of exams. I certainly have a lot to accomplish before this semester ends, so please pray that God would grant me (and every other college student) strength to finish strong.

Lately, I feel that God has been strongly speaking to me about using every bit of energy (which is usually a lot!) and time (which I am still learning to manage) that I have to pursue Him. He is showing me that I am His daughter and that He loves and cares for me so much. This pursuit of God, of course, is life-changing. (Though it is life-changing in the long run, what I want to focus on is the changes in life in the short term.) It means that I change what music I listen to. Certainly listening to songs such as "The Circle of Life" from the Lion King or "The Eye of the Tiger" are not sinful; however, they do nothing to direct my thoughts to God-- they do not help me in my pursuit of God. Now, this may sound sort of legalistic, but it really is not. I am not making a list of do this or do not do that. In fact, I have a lot of freedom in Christ. I am simply choosing to use the freedom that God gave me to proactively pursue Him. Another change that is made is how I view the time that is spent working on homework or writing papers or studying for tests and quizzes. Instead of viewing it as drudgery, I view it as an opportunity for God to teach me more about Himself or His creation or to just develop in me skills and qualities that I may need in the future. Now, I have absolutely no clue beforehand how God can do this most of the time, but He does. I am also trusting God that He will use every task that He gives me to do for His glory-- I may not see the importance of studying the minute details of mosses, liverworts, hornworts, Hannahworts, and Leahworts right now, but I trust that God will use my knowledge of it one day in the future.

Words I learned this week: homily, pince-nez, acolytes, quay, vaudevilles, promontory, cortege, assize.

Some quotes from A.W. Tozer's book The Pursuit of God:

"He is immutable, which means that He has never changed and can never change in any smallest measure. To change He would need to go from better to worse or from worse to better. He cannot do either, for being perfect He cannot become more perfect, and if He were to become less perfect He would be less than God."

"All our lives long we might talk of Jesus, and yet we should never come to an end of the sweet things that might be said of Him. Eternity will not be long enough to learn all He is, or to praise Him for all He has done, but then, that matters not; for we shall be always with Him, and we desire nothing more."





Have a great week, y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment