Sunday, March 11, 2012

Week in Review Mar. 5-11

Whew! One more week to go until spring break and I'm on my way to Guatemala. I'm sort of nervous about the trip, so please pray that God would fill me with His peace about the matter.

Today, I figured that I would share with those who don't know (and perhaps refresh the memory of those who do know) about how I got my nickname Triple B. For those of you who don't know, I went to a really small Christian school, Livingston Christian Schools, located in Pinckney, Michigan. Due to its small size, everyone is family and students really get to know the teachers well. I think I was about in 9th grade, and it was Easter time. Mr. Nast, the principal of the school, had a big jar of Jelly Belly jelly beans on his desk. I usually had volleyball practice at 5:00, so I had some time to kill between the time that school let out and the time that volleyball practice actually started. I probably should have been doing homework, but most of the time I would find myself wandering into Mr. Nast's office, sitting in a chair, and eating jelly beans while talking to Mr. Nast about various things. I ended up eating so many of the jelly beans from the jar, that Mr. Nast dubbed me with the nickname Belly Bean Bandit, or Triple B. The nickname has stuck ever since. So, in case any of you were wondering where the name "Triple B" came from, that is the story behind it.

This week, I have really realized where the Lord has been gracious to me in my own life. Where has He been gracious to you? Thank Him for his grace and faithfulness.

Words I learned this week: protectorate, per annum, apposite, mete, salacious, wheedle, abnegate, raffish, attenuate, redolent, preen, vituperation.

Quotes:

"True beauty does not come from fresh makeup, the latest hairstyle, or how you look in your blue jeans. Rather, it radiates from the inside out, from a heart that delights in the Lord."~Shannon Ethridge

"Your words matter to God-- both what you say and how you say it."~Shannon Ehtridge

"Test me, O Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind." Psalm 26:2

Just a reminder that because I will be in Guatemala, I will not write a blog next Sunday, nor probably the next, but I will be excited to share everything about the trip in my next blog post on April 1.

Have a good week, everyone! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment